The first case study I plan to do for the coming weeks will be about creating an add-in that includes:
- Creating a customized menu
- Creating a customized toolbar
- Using Application events
- Using a connection to a SQL Server and
- Retrieving data
In that way the case will cover what I consider to be a framework. In order to get Excel developers up to speed the case will include:
- How to create the add-in with VBA and
- Port the add-in to VB 6.0 to create a COM add-in
- Port the add-in to VB.NET to create a managed COM add-in
- Port the add-in to VSTO 2005 SEB to create a managed add-in
Is this OK?
Later I will show how we can solve the issue of creating add-ins for Excel 2000 to Excel 2007.